This is the recap of the Acquire Seller Office Hour on August 26, 2022. Acquire Office Hours are our way of making time to help individuals answer specific situational questions about the acquisition process as it relates to them.
Our goal from the beginning has always been to democratize startup acquisitions and offer Acquire as more than just a platform but a resource to educate the community at large.
- Panelist: Paul Kelley, VP of M&A
- Panelist: Andrew Gazdecki, Founder and CEO
- Panelist: James Graves, General Counsel
- If I’m a founder that’s going to take my business to market, what would you recommend I do to help increase the valuation of my business within a 3 month period? (Timestamp)
- What kind of mistakes do you commonly see a seller make when dealing with buyers? (Timestamp)
- How would you recommend a founder present their business to buyers? As a perfect package or be more transparent with what’s worked and what hasn’t? (Timestamp)
- Can you walk a founder through the legal aspect and steps of an acquisition from start to finish? (Timestamp)
- I just signed an LOI and have never gone through the due diligence process, what can i expect? What should I prepare for or watch out for to protect myself? (Timestamp)
- I’m a 1st time founder selling my business, what sort of advice would you give me on whether now is a good time to sell or why it may not be a good time to sell my business? (Timestamp)
- What are the benefits of working with an M&A Advisor when selling my startup? (Timestamp)
- Listing requirements
- Guided Acquisition Process (GAP)
- Preparing for a sale
- Determining value
- Marketing materials / deal book
- Fielding buyer inquiries
- Vetting buyers
- Sharing company information
- Due diligence
- Tips and Advice
- Data Room Templates
The content on this site is not intended to provide legal, financial or M&A advice. It is for information purposes only, and any links provided are for your convenience. Please seek the services of an M&A professional before entering into any M&A transaction. It is not Acquire’s intention to solicit or interfere with any established relationship you may have with any M&A professional.