This is the recap of the Acquire.com’s Seller Office Hour on August 19, 2022 showing founders how to sell their online businesses. Acquire.com’s Office Hours are our way of making time to help individuals answer specific situational questions about the acquisition process as it relates to them.
Our goal from the beginning has always been to democratize startup acquisitions and offer Acquire as more than just a platform but a resource to educate the community at large.
- Panelist: Paul Kelley, VP of M&A
- Panelist: Andrew Gazdecki, Founder and CEO
- Panelist: James Graves, General Counsel
- Listing requirements
- Guided Acquisition Process (GAP)
- Preparing for a sale
- Determining value
- Marketing materials / deal book
- Fielding buyer inquiries
- Vetting buyers
- Sharing company information
- Due diligence
- Tips and Advice
- Data Room Templates
- What are listing requirements for Acquire?
- Will the escrow payments be integrated with Acquire?
- Does Acquire help with due diligence like a traditional broker or do the seller have to do it manually?
- When should a seller build a data room? Should it be something more formal like Docsend or just a Google Drive?
- What advice would you give about reaching out to businesses, you think your business would be a good fit for, to see if they’d be interested in purchasing your business?
- Will Acquire get automated report function based on my proposition requirements?
- What’s the difference between Acquire and Flippa?
- Could you add a UI element to the list page to show if i’ve seen the listing before or not?
- I have a buyer that wants to meet in person to hash out deal terms, how common is it to hash out in person vs. email/online? And when does it typically happen during the acquisition process?
- Do you have any good resources on valuations or is that something you only encourage someone to talk with an advisor about?
- What stage do you sign an NDA?
- I want to get live today and just submitted my listing, how long will it take?
The content on this site is not intended to provide legal, financial or M&A advice. It is for information purposes only, and any links provided are for your convenience. Please seek the services of an M&A professional before entering into any M&A transaction. It is not Acquire’s intention to solicit or interfere with any established relationship you may have with any M&A professional.